MULTIPLE JOINT EXERCISE BEFORE SINGLE JOINT EXERCISE
1) Greater overall muscle mass is stimulated.
2) Heavier weights can be used.
3) Muscles are fatigues faster.
4) More work can be done in less time.
5) Provides good warm-up for smaller muscle
groups and single joint exercise.
1) Secondary muscles may tire before target
2) Injury is more likely in the absence of
SINGLE JOINT EXERCISE BEFORE MULTIPLE JOINT EXERCISE
1) Pre-exhaustion is effective in maximally
fatiguing a given muscle group.
2) Can be effective in stimulating new growth in
stubborn muscle groups.
3) Useful for isolating muscle groups.
4) Stretches and warms joint muscles in
preparation for multiple joint exercise.
5) Often helpful in developing symmetry.
1) Requires the use of lighter weights.
2) Fatigues muscles, preventing the use of
maximal weights for multiple joint exercise
3) Can be dangerous if pre-exhausted muscle
group fails during multiple joint exercise
Get your Bodybuilding Supplements at discounted price