Straight Leg Deadlifts
- To work the hamstrings, glutes and lower back muscles.
1) Take hold of a barbell as for
Deadlifts and come up to a standing position.
2) Keep your legs nearly locked and
bend forward from the waist, your back straight, until your torso is
about parallel to the floor, the bar hanging at arm's length below you.
3) Straighten up again, pull your
shoulders back, and arch your spine to get the spinal erectors of the
lower back to contract completely.
4) Without your legs to help you as in
regular Deadlifts, you will use much less weight doing Straight Leg
5) If your use Olympic weights to
perform this exercise, it is best to stand on a block
or a bench so that you can lower the weight to the maximum extent
without the large end plates touching the floor as long as your back
doesn't begin to round.
Get your Bodybuilding Supplements at discounted price