- To develop the front of the thighs and glutes. Lunge Squat is a variation of the squat that can be done to either side
or forward. The quads of the lead leg are targeted with both front
and side lunges.
1) Holding a barbell across the back of
your shoulders, stand upright with your feet together, stand upright
with your feet together.
2) Keeping your head up, back straight,
and chest thrust out, take a step forward, bend your knees, and bring
your trailing knee almost to the floor.
3) The step should be long enough so
that the trailing leg is almost straight when performing this
4) Push yourself back up to the
starting position of Lunge Squat with one strong and decisive movement,
bringing your feet together, then step forward with the other foot and
repeat the Lunge Squat movement.
You can do all your repetitions with one leg, then switch and repeat with the other, or you
can alternate legs throughout the set.
Side lunges also target the groin muscles
(especially the adductor gracilis of the opposite leg). Be careful,
though: lower into the position instead of lunging into it when
doing the Lunge Squat workout.
Get your Bodybuilding Supplements at discounted price