One Arm Dumbbell Rows : To
work each side of the back muscles independently
1) Taking a dumbbell in one hand, bend
forward from the waist until your upper body is nearly parallel to the
2) Place your free hand on the bench
for support when performing one arm dumbbell rows.
3) Begin with the weight hanging down
at arm's length, feeling the fullest possible stretch.
4) Turn your hand so that the palm
faces toward your body.
5) Keeping your body steady, lift the
weight up to your side, concentrating on doing the work with the back
muscles rather than the arm.
6) Lower the weight, keeping it under
7) Finish your one arm dumbbell rows
repetitions with this arm, then repeat with the other arm.
Rowing one side at a time with a
dumbbell has two unique advantages over Barbell Rows. It isolates the
latissimus muscles on each side, and it allows you to lift the weight
higher and therefore get a more complete contraction. Using heavy weight
for one arm dumbbell rows exercise is less important than getting the
fullest range of movement, which will help develop and define the center
of the back muscles.
Get your Bodybuilding Supplements at discounted price